SOPHE’s Annual Advocacy Summit
October 21-23, 2017
How Do I Prepare?
There are several things you can do in advance to get ready.
1) “Like Us” on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/HealthEducationAdvocacy. We will actively use Facebook for dissemination of information and to generate discussion and answer questions.
2) Attend the pre-summit Webinars
3) Read up on current policy priorities in your state and at the national level and post your thoughts and questions on Facebook. The more information you have about your local area, the easier it will be to have a productive Hill Visit.
4) Register for the Summit.
Cancellations: Refund Requests must be received in writing. All cancellations will be subject to a $50 cancellation fee. No refunds will be given for any reason after September 15, 2017.
Substitutions: Substitutions are allowed at any time provided that they are of the same category and submitted in writing to the national SOPHE office.
All Summit attendees registered prior to September 15, 2017 will be placed into Hill visits with their Congressional representation.
5) Book your hotel before September 15, 2017. Consider sharing a room with a colleague or fellow student to save on costs.
Washington Court Hotel on Capitol Hill
525 New jersey Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001
6) Monitor your email as we send out updates and topical information.